I can’t take client pitches anymore. There’s the endless droning of our strategy director who seems to think the more words he puts in a sentence, the more credible he seems. Then there’s our managing partner who sighs uncontrollably every few minutes and taps his pencil on his knee when he thinks things aren’t going well. What I hate most of all is when we go around the room and introduce ourselves and I have to make myself sound like I’m some superhero who’s saved the world from many imminent advertising apocalypses. And what I don’t get is the clients eat it up. They love the dog and pony show. I need to reapply my lipstick after kissing 2 hours worth of ass. Wish I had that lighted lip gloss thingy.
- To my client: Introduce me as a "great gal" one more time, and you'll get Khao Yao right where you expect it. 1 year ago
- Just realized I've based my entire life's goals on imitating Patsy. buzzfeed.com/floperry/perio… 1 year ago
- If you're cynical and disdainful, you're doing a good job. Yay me! brandingstrategyinsider.com/2015/12/enthus… via BrandingInsider 1 year ago
- Explains why I'm single. Why Men Don’t Like Funny Women - The Atlantic theatlantic.com/health/archive… 1 year ago
- This is so wrong. Ideas come from a bottle. #fact twitter.com/fastcodesign/s… 1 year ago