Take this with a grain of salt, because I have a slight inclination to be irritated by everything Digitas does. MediaPost has an article out today about the relaunch of a site for Sparks, a caffeinated alcoholic drink by SAB Miller. Upon first glance, the site looks cool – nav is fun, if you absolutely love Google Maps, and the illustrations are a little funky. It stops there. The interactivity lacks a certain je ne sais quois. And, je ne sais quois what that is, but it’s missing something. For example, I clicked through to watch all the semi-entertaining videos, but there were a ton of other things I expected to be clickable, and nothing. Rien. And when I said “semi-entertaining videos”, I lied a little. What I really like is the copy, “Where do I get my hands on some cans?” Because everyone loves sexual innuendo.
- Here's a quick tip on hiring a new agency: if their site has a loading screen, don't. 1 month ago
- Buddy, you're not being "aged out" of digital - you've just stopped thinking about what is and what could be and everybody knows it. 1 month ago
- @carlosx Why thanks, Mr. X! 1 month ago
- Am I the only one that thinks Sir Martin Sorrell is a total jackass? 1 month ago
- Female ad execs make less than men because most are certifiable, as illustrated in this stock art read.bi/100bUYM @BI_Advertising 1 month ago