I can’t take client pitches anymore. There’s the endless droning of our strategy director who seems to think the more words he puts in a sentence, the more credible he seems. Then there’s our managing partner who sighs uncontrollably every few minutes and taps his pencil on his knee when he thinks things aren’t going well. What I hate most of all is when we go around the room and introduce ourselves and I have to make myself sound like I’m some superhero who’s saved the world from many imminent advertising apocalypses. And what I don’t get is the clients eat it up. They love the dog and pony show. I need to reapply my lipstick after kissing 2 hours worth of ass. Wish I had that lighted lip gloss thingy.
- Here's a quick tip on hiring a new agency: if their site has a loading screen, don't. 1 month ago
- Buddy, you're not being "aged out" of digital - you've just stopped thinking about what is and what could be and everybody knows it. 1 month ago
- @carlosx Why thanks, Mr. X! 1 month ago
- Am I the only one that thinks Sir Martin Sorrell is a total jackass? 1 month ago
- Female ad execs make less than men because most are certifiable, as illustrated in this stock art read.bi/100bUYM @BI_Advertising 1 month ago